Monday, February 3, 2014

Owl Beanie



In a previous post, I had mentioned creating a pattern for an android from a popular movie. However, I have other orders that are more pressing and will be completing those first. I had to make a couple of owl beanies for a customer so I thought I would just write up the pattern while I was making them. I know there are a lot of great owl beanies out there, this is just my version of it. You can use an array of yarns and make it your own.

There are a few pictures in this pattern that do not necessarily belong to the pattern. They are pictures of another beanie I made, however, the yarns used for the owl beanie made it difficult to see how to do certain steps so I used pictures that required the same steps but used yarns that were easier to see the details. Here is the link to buy this pattern. I hope you all like it.

Owl Beanie
 
This pattern calls for a variety of yarns. Some of the yarns can be difficult to work with. I used a bulky yarn that was kind of fluffy and furry for the trim of the hat. I found that using a larger hook made it easier to work with and to see my stitches. So instead of using the H/5.00 mm hook, which the pattern calls for, I used an L/8.00 mm hook and it turned out perfect.
 
The eyelash or fun fur yarn was also easier to work with when using a larger hook. I used a J/6.00 mm hook when working with this yarn.
 
Finding the right hook for the job can be tricky. It's okay to use a bigger hook when using these types of yarns for trims. It usually doesn't change the pattern too much. Try it for a few stitches to see if it works for your project, you can always undo it and start again with a different hook as long as you didn't fasten off.
 
This is a great hat for beginners who are looking for something other than a basic beanie. If you have any questions about the pattern or find any mistakes, please email me at yarneemarmee@gmail.com If there is a mistake, I will revise the pattern and send you the revised version.



 

Happy crochet!

No comments:

Post a Comment