Monday, June 2, 2014

Gracie's Sun Bonnet

Gracie's Sun Bonnet is very much like Lily's Sun Bonnet. The construction of the hat is a bit different but simple.


Just remember to use cotton yarn. It's light and easy to clean. It is also very absorbent so if your child get a little too hot and sweats a bit, it won't be running down into their eyes and face. You can always add or take away a row to make the hat longer or shorter as needed. You can do the same with the brim just remember to keep doing the increase in each round until you get the look you want.

You can purchase the pattern here. I am going to try to get a sun hat for boys. I have just been using my yarn stash for my recent projects and don't currently have any good colors for the kind of hat I'd like to make. Maybe a trip to the store is in my very near future. :)

Happy crochet!

No comments:

Post a Comment