Saturday, January 25, 2014

Rare Pony Hat

Here it is! The Rare Pony Hat! Of my seven children, six of them are girls, so My Little Pony is very much apart of our family. I have made several different pony hats but this is my first written pattern. I hope to have more in the near future. The Rare Pony Hat was inspired by Rarity Pony. She is a very glamorous pony and was a lot of fun to design. You can buy the written pattern here. If you find any mistakes in it, please feel free to send me an email at yarneemarmee@gmail.com  or leave a comment.  I will do my best to fix it and send you the revised version. The pictures in the pattern are not the best. I had very poor lighting and my camera is not the best. I hope to change that in the future. 
I am going to warn you, pony hats have a lot more work involved than a lot of hats. The eyes have many steps and some may think the time it takes to applique everything onto the hat is a bit too much. I think the finished product is well worth all the work. 
 
The most confusing part of the pattern will be the eyes, especially when adding the eye shadow. Please let me know if you need help. 

Happy Crochet!

9 comments:

  1. Hi I sent you a msg on fb, I need help with the mane please

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so sorry for the late reply. What is it that you need help with?

      Delete
    2. so i need help with the back mane
      it says ch 41, dc in 3rd ch fr hk, dc in next 25 sts, 2 hdc in next the 2sc in last 13 sts. ive pulled my work out a cpl times bc each time i can only manage to do 2sc in last 12 sts, there appears not to be a 13 st is it just me miss counting

      Delete
    3. It could be a typo...to fix it just dc in second chain from hook. I will go over the pattern add soon as I can and see if it needs to be fixed. Since I don't count the ch as a st you can just go into second ch from hook or begin with 42 ch instead of 41.

      Delete
    4. I just worked up that party of the pattern, do the pattern add it says. The last 13 should be 12. I will fix my pattern...thank you.

      Delete
    5. Part not party and as not add.

      Delete
    6. ty, I was worried about the rest of it not working out for me if i didnt go the 13 stitches thank you for your time and help

      Delete
  2. I'm trying to reach you about the pattern. Could you please message me, the email didn't work.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm trying to reach you about the pattern. Could you please message me, the email didn't work.

    ReplyDelete